Over 150 combined years of litigation experience
- Of Counsel
- Insurance Defense
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
David Gerson is an experienced criminal and civil litigator. His work includes criminal post-conviction relief, appellate and sentencing advocacy handling cases involving gun possession, assault, OUI, domestic violence, search and seizure, and the privilege against self-incrimination.
Attorney Gerson has also been a member of the state child abuse defense panel and represented both parents and children in dozens of abuse and neglect as well as juvenile delinquency matters with a record of outstanding success.
Attorney Gerson has also successfully represented plaintiffs in civil cases involving matters such as defamation, real estate title, municipal and school issues (Attorney Gerson served in city government in Melrose, MA, for seven years), landlord-tenant controversies, neighbor quarrels, construction disputes, divorce, and consumer protection. He has also practiced in the probate court in estate planning and settlement.
Attorney Gerson received his early training while a law student handling prosecutions in the Middlesex District Attorney's office involving fraud, weapons possession, and motor vehicle violations. He received further training as a criminal defense attorney in the Dorchester District Court handling sex offender and violent crime cases.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2007
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: Sociology
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 09/1985
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Massachusetts, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- Massachusetts Criminal Appellate Panel, Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Moot Court Judge, Massachusetts Criminal Appellate Panel
- Dorchester District Court, Suffolk Defenders, 2007 – Present
- Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, Hardware and Software Design Engineer, 2006 – Present